Senior Sales Manager – Joule Assets UK
Joule assets uk London, UK
Currently valued at €8 billion, the European energy efficiency markets have lagged due to a slow sales cycle and high due diligence costs blocking access to capital and complicating project finance. To address this market failure, Joule Assets Europe provides strategic support to enable investment for Energy Reduction Assets projects, including energy efficiency, distributed renewables, storage, and building control measures. Joule's online platform, eQuad, provides access to third-party project valuation, performance insurance, project certification, due diligence, and introductions to prequalified capital sources in the form of off-balance sheet financing.
Joule Assets is seeking a Senior Sales Manager willing to spearhead Joule’s commercial expansion and to develop Joule Assets’ business ventures in the United Kingdom. We are looking for a candidate with strong interpersonal skills, service orientation and attention to detail, to strengthen Joule’s commercial capabilities. The selected candidate will work through Joule’s London office in active collaboration with Joule Europe’s Modena and Brussels offices. (Your physical location in London is not necessary, however the candidate should be prepared to either be located in London or travel there frequently)
Responsibilities – as a Sales Manager, you will:
- Design and implement a business expansion strategy, that establishes Joule Assets’ presence in London and UK
- Implement marketing strategies and develop sales initiatives
- Expand Joule Assets’ customer base in UK, by identifying potential clients and partners (contractors, energy service companies, investors), recruiting and negotiating with them, being fully aware of Joule Assets’ services and competition status
- Build, promote and maintain strong, long-lasting business relationships by understanding the needs of our business partners
- Define periodic sales targets and present regular reports, analyzing trends and results
- Ensure targets are delivered
- Actively participate in internal strategic discussions on prioritizing initiatives
In completing these tasks, you will work closely with, and have the support of, the company’s executive staff, sales and marketing staff, and research and analysis staff.
Experience – the ideal candidate should:
- Have a solid track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets in previous positions
- Have previous work experience in the sustainable energy sector and/or finance
- Have an existing business network in the sector
- Be UK-based
- Have at least 5 years of sales and business development experience
Attributes – the key attributes for this position include:
- Doggedness, determination and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative, self-starter
- Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the company and across multiple disciplines
- Ability to condense complex documents into actionable information
- Ability to contribute individually, and lead, manage or participate in a cross-functional team
- Sense of humor
Compensation and Scope
This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary and benefits package. The successful candidate is expected to start in August 2018.
If you’re motivated, achievement-driven and enthusiastic about this position, be sure to send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Application deadline is on 15 June midnight CET. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews with selected candidates will take place in the second half of June 2018.
For questions only, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Italian office at: +39 059 239 621.