Joule Assets Europe Group SRL
Place of work : Modena, Italy
Currently valued at €8 billion, the European energy efficiency market has lagged due to high due diligence costs blocking access to capital and complicating project finance. To address this market failure, Joule Assets Europe provides financing solutions and strategic support for energy reduction assets, including energy efficiency, distributed renewables, storage, and building control measures. Joule's online platform, eQuad, provides third-party project valuation, performance insurance, project certification, due diligence, and introductions to prequalified capital sources in the form of off-balance sheet financing.
Joule Assets is seeking a candidate willing to play an integral role in administrating its European business, assisting upper management in their efforts to develop Joule Assets’ business ventures in Europe and contributing to Joule Assets’ current work in 4 different European research projects (under Horizon 2020). We are looking for a candidate with strong interpersonal skills, service orientation and attention to detail to strengthen Joule Assets’ operational capabilities.
As Business Administrator, the candidate will:
- Take care of the overall team and office administration for a very international team,
- Provide administrative support to the European management, specifically in the areas of accounting and payroll management, in constant exchange with external advisors and agencies,
- Support the Sales team as they identify, recruit and negotiate with partners (contractors, investors, etc.), and the EU Project staff, by preparing, maintaining and archiving the necessary paperwork.
The candidate must be a self-starter, with a passion for and experience with all aspects of business administration. The candidate will:
- Acquire hands-on experience in an international business, through collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders and business partners all over Europe and the US,
- Get an in depth understanding of Horizon 2020 project work,
- Be part of a fast-growing company in the smart energy business environment.
The selected candidate will work in the Modena office, under the supervision of Michael Pachlatko, Head of Operations. The company language is English. Candidate will also collaborate with Joule Assets’ experienced team, based out of New York and Portland, USA.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
1. Accounting/Payroll (40%)
- Internal accounting: expense reports, invoicing, recurring payments
- Internal payroll management
- Communication with payroll consultant, tax advisor and external accountants
- EU Project expense tracking and cost reporting
2. Team Administration (30%)
- Scheduling and organizing meetings
- Time sheet management
- Travel arrangements for senior staff
- Support in recruitment processes
3. Office Administration (30%)
- Official communication with suppliers and authorities
- Archiving of contracts, reports and financial files
- Other clerical tasks (phone duty, scheduling of meetings, procurement of supplies etc.)
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the following areas:
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a similar role (ideally in Italy)
- Academic degree in economics, business administration or another relevant field
- Excellent English and Italian language skills, other languages are considered additional assets
- Solid accounting skills
- Solid knowledge of Italian payroll, social security and tax regulations
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Project management
- Interest in energy technology and sustainability
- Knowledge of CRM (Salesforce) and/or CMS (Squarespace) is considered an additional asset
The key attributes for this position include:
- Doggedness, determination and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative, self-starter
- Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the company and across multiple disciplines
- Ability to contribute individually, and lead, manage or participate in a cross-functional team
- Sense of humor
Compensation and Scope
Full time position with a competitive remuneration package. The place of work will be Modena, Italy. The successful candidate is expected to start in March 2018. If you’re motivated, achievement-driven and enthusiastic about this position, be sure to send your resume and cover letter in English to email@example.com.
Application deadline is on 18 February 2018 midnight CET. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews with selected candidates will take place in the second half of February 2018.
For questions only, contact firstname.lastname@example.org