Sales & Marketing Intern – Joule Assets UK
(4-months paid internship, with view to permanent position hire)
Joule Assets UK - Lytham, UK
Currently valued at €8 billion, the European energy efficiency markets have lagged due to a slow sales cycle and high due diligence costs blocking access to capital and complicating project finance. To address this market failure, Joule Assets Europe provides strategic support to enable investment for Energy Reduction Assets projects, including energy efficiency, distributed renewables, storage, and building control measures. Joule's online platform, eQuad, provides access to third-party project valuation, performance insurance, project certification, due diligence, and introductions to prequalified capital sources in the form of off-balance sheet financing.
Joule Assets is seeking a candidate willing to support Joule’s commercial expansion in the United Kingdom. We are looking for a candidate with strong interpersonal skills, service orientation and attention to detail to strengthen Joule Assets’ commercial capabilities.
The selected candidate will work in Lytham in active collaboration with Joule’s local sales partner and Joule Europe’s Modena and Brussels offices.
As a Sales & Marketing intern, the candidate will:
- Support the Senior Sales Manager in implementing marketing strategies and developing sales initiatives
- Expand Joule Assets’ customer base in the UK, by identifying potential clients and partners
- Support in building, promoting and maintaining strong, long-lasting business relationships by understanding the needs of our business partners
- Support in delivering marketing initiatives to develop leads for the UK partner business
- Understand how to analyze trends and results
The candidate must be a self-starter and extremely results oriented, with a passion for and experience in sales and business development. The candidate will:
- Acquire hands-on experience in an international business, through collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders all over Europe and the US
- Further develop the personal sales track record through an active role in Joule Assets’ business development efforts
The selected candidate will work under the supervision of our Senior Sales Manager. The Candidate will actively work with the Italy-based team (through conference calls and occasional face to face meetings) and will have the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from the Joule Assets US teams based out of New York (NY) and Portland (OR).
Responsibilities – the key responsibilities for this position include:
- Sales and business development:
- Support in market research
- Engage in leads generation activities
- Support the Senior Sales Manager with Joule’s commercial expansion, by developing local partnerships in the UK and Ireland
- Client support on eQuad, Joule’s proprietary service platform
- Communication and Marketing:
- Regular maintenance of contact lists of contractors, energy service companies and investors
- Support in the implementation of off-line and digital marketing campaigns
- Other clerical tasks (phone, scheduling of meetings, procurement of supplies etc.)
- Actively participate in internal strategic discussions on prioritizing initiatives
Experience – the ideal candidate will have knowledge in the following areas:
- Native-level English speaker. Other languages such as Spanish and/or Italian are additional assets
- Bachelor’s degree in a marketing related discipline
- Previous work experience in marketing/PR roles
- Strong interest in the sustainable energy industry
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fully conversant with Social Media platforms and messaging
- Web administration, CMS (Squarespace)
- Event management
- Project management
Attributes – the key attributes for this position include:
- Goal and results oriented
- Doggedness, determination and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative, self-starter
- Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the company and across multiple disciplines
- Ability to contribute individually, and lead, manage or participate in a cross-functional team
- Sense of humor
Compensation and Scope
This is a full time paid internship for a 4-months fixed period at 40 hours per week located in Manchester, UK, with a monthly salary of 800 GBP. If successful, the assumption is that a full-time employment would follow. Keep in mind that 90% of our permanent employees started as interns. The successful candidate is expected to start in August 2018.
If you’re motivated, achievement-driven and enthusiastic about this position, be sure to send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is on 30 June 2018 midnight CET. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews with selected candidates will take place in the first half of July 2018.
For questions only, contact email@example.com or call the Italian office at: +39 059 239 621.